Vote To Re-Elect Betty Patu, Seattle School Board Director, District 7
What separates Betty from the other candidate?
- Betty has over 30 years’ experience in education, including teaching, and successfully working with at-risk youth in the Rainier Beach area and improving graduation rates.
- Betty has 32 years’ of experience working for the Seattle Public Schools, and deep institutional knowledge of Seattle School District policy, practices and history.
- Established relationships with staff, other Board directors, superintendent and City officials and staff.
- Betty served as Board President and Vice President and chaired various committees.
- Betty is a native of Samoa and longtime Seattle resident of over 40 years in the 37th District.
- Proud parent of 5 and grandparent of 20 (5 currently students in Seattle Public Schools).
- Betty has a Master’s degree in Education Administration.
- Betty has lived and worked in the southeast Seattle community she served and have a deep, longstanding relationship with the community.
- Betty was a recipient of one of the first “Golden Tennis Shoe Awards” from Senator Patty Murray for outstanding community contributions, and have been honored with many other awards for my work since then.
- Featured in the New York Times for her work helping at-risk youth stay in school